- A report is a written account of something someone has done, observed, heard, or investigated.
- It involves a systematic and organized presentation of facts and findings of an event that has already taken place
Traits of a Well Written Report
- Analysis of relevant information
- Structuring materials in relevant and sequential order
- Adhering to the specification of report briefing
- Making appropriate conclusion that are backed up with evidences
Format of Report
- Heading: A descriptive title which is expressive of the content of the report
- By Line: The name of the person giving the report
- Place and Date of Reporting
- Opening Paragraph: This includes the expansion of the headline. It needs to be short as it is a general overview
- Account of Event in Details: It is generally written in two parts. Firstly, a complete account of what happened and the witness remarks.
- Conclusion: This includes a rundown of the action that has been taken so far.