- KINGDOM PLANTAE
- Plants are multi-cellular organisms, with cell wall made of cellulose.
- They include small organisms such as mosses, ferns, and flowering plants.
- Some parts of plants are green because of chlorophyll.
- Chlorophyll absorbs energy from sunlight for plants to make glucose, using CO2 and H2O from the environment – This process is called photosynthesis.
- Phylum Anthopyhta – The Flowering Plants
- They have roots, stems, and leaves.
- They have xylem, and phloem.
- They reproduce by producing seeds.
- Their seeds are produced inside their ovary, inside their flower.
- Asexual reproduction is possible.
- They are divided into two groups, depending on the number of seed leaves they have:
- Differences between monocot and dicot leaves:
Photo Credit: Holganix.com