Book Donation Requirements
- popular fiction and nonfiction reading books (soft and hard cover).
- books that are 15 years old or newer.
- primary, secondary, and college textbooks (soft and hard cover) with a 2002 or newer publish date.
- reference books published in 2007 or later .
- medical, nursing, IT, and law books with a 2007 or newer publish date.
- some Bibles or religious books, please place them in a box separate from other donations and mark the box as “Religious texts.”.
- School/office supplies—paper, pencils, pens, wall charts, maps, etc.
Acceptable books are gently used and relevant to an African reader.
If you mail books, please do not send boxes that weight more than 50 pounds and do not include any non-recyclable packing materials such as plastic bubble wrap or peanuts. GATE ACADEMY cannot allocate funds for the mailing or shipping of book donations to our warehouses. This helps us keep our operating costs lower so that we can ship more and more books to students who need them.